CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Project: Carmelita

So, I was browsing through Pinterest the other day (of course), and came across this devilishly yummy-looking recipe ;) And last night around midnight, a craving struck me! So I got my happy little butt out of bet to go rummage through the pantry hoping I had everything to make it, and by the grace of God, I did! And it turned out amazing! So, I took some pictures and added the recipe so you can try it as well, I highly recommend it! 





 The stuff:

32 caramel squares, unwrapped
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed (I only had about 
1/4 C, so I did the rest with regular sugar, and it came out fine)
1 cup flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
                                                                                                 

 1. Combine caramels and cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Making sure to stir every few minutes so it doesn't burn.   
Note: The burner wasn't on in the picture on the left, so none of the plastic got melted!



 2. In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, flour, oats, and baking soda.



3. Pat half of the oatmeal mixture into the bottom of an 8x8" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.



 4. Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Pour caramel mixture over chocolate chips. Crumble remaining oatmeal mixture over caramel. Return to oven and bake an additional 15-20 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.



5. Now just cool, cut, and serve! Since the caramel takes so long to cool down, if you're in a crunch for time, pop it in the fridge for 45 minutes- an hour. 

 

Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did!

0 comments: